26.1.07

What was that sound! Before leaving someone had told me that if you put up a tent, it WILL rain. I doubted it but, sure enough, I awoke in the wee hours of the morning to the deafening and troubling sound of pouring rain. My worries kept me awake until the more godly hour of 9:00 AM when I woke the rest of the team. No worries, we'll pack up our soaked gear and leave with the 11:00 ferry. But then, not another obstacle! It's five to 10 when we are informed by an American lady (shouldn't we natives know better) that the ferry, in fact, leaves at 10. We hear the whistle and know it is too late. Well, I think I found the title for this blog, ALL THINGS WORK TOGETHER FOR GOOD (Romans 8:28). We were granted more time for a soaking adventure. Instead of having to pay the Sunday Ferry price (3 times the usual price!) a sweet boat owner offers to take us home, if we'll go to another beach for a few hours while he picks up more passengers. We are flipped, but wonder how to enjoy ourselves hiding from the rain in a druggie packed beach restaurant bar (getting concentrated whiffs of marijuana as Polly redeems the time crown-braiding my hair. The owner of the bar also agreed to feed us all a four course meal (can you believe it? Everyone we would ask said yes. The Lord is so sweet!) until boat time comes along again.

No comments: