11.4.08

On Crosses and Crowns

Long years ago I planned it all for thee,
Prepared it that thou mightest find need of Me.
Without it, child, thou wouldst not come to find,
This place of comfort in this Love of Mine.
Hadst thou no cross like this for Me to bear,
Thou wouldst not feel the need of My strong care.
But in thy weakness thou dost come to Me,
And through this plan I have won thee.
"I'm the only One stable enough to give the promise that "I am with you always, even unto the end of the world," and "I will never leave you nor forsake you." No one else can promise that. ... That is the guarantee of a disciple. That is the "God factor" that you can believe in, trust in, and even stake your life on."
"These crowns are one of the most highly treasured gifts in the spirit realm. Each crown of life carries with it the very spirit of the Father Who gives life, power, wisdom, strength, and so much more. It is a reward desired and treasured not just amongst those who have lived on Earth, but by all within the spiritual realm. It is a reward given to those who, although they may stumble and fall at times, yet they refuse to stop. They refuse to let go. It is the reward given to those who continue day by day, doing what they can to choose the path they sense Me showing them."
(Me)When I was 17 I was learning and experimenting with the Activated program and Follow-up. Us young people had just put together a Bible class group (using Activated) and someone I had subscribed had just become our home's first AM and tither.
But all was not peachy. It so happened, that on my birthday and rest day we had planned to party a bit. The idea came up to invite all our friends to celebrate it with me. Though it meant I probably couldn't relax as much for my birthday, I consoled myself with the fact that it was worth it to include them, and that the party only began at 9 PM, so I could get some much needed rest and Word time until then.
But as fate would have it, the doorbell rang at 4 PM. You know those sheep who like you a bit too much and are not 'light' to be around. They follow you everywhere you go and are constantly expecting you to be with them, lift them up, etc? Well, I had one of those, and he was at the door bright and early with all the ice for the party, hoping for some extra time to 'hang out' with me.
My dismay was apparant. I didn't want to get the gate. I actually started crying. I ran to Phil and told him I couldn't do this again (things like that happened regularly). I wanted to be alone, to enjoy my birthday, and I felt trapped and claustrophobic.
The next thing Phil said has stuck with Me. Dad said it too. It's one of those quotes you repeat to yourself over and over again. I'll share it with you now. He said: 'They that bare the cross shall wear the crown.'
I didn't understand it fully at the time, but it was enough to give me the strength to make it through that day. Now I see how my sacrifices then were worth it, how they not only benefited the sheep, but me too. Those are experiences I use to gauge things in life now.
So whenever it seems like just too much, remember, 'They that bear the cross shall wear the crown.'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This just made my day, as I woke up a bit downcast. XXX!

Pa-leeze don't stop your blog. It's beautiful!!!!

But,if you gotta go, you gotta go, eh? GBY, Dear Maria!

Love,

Your FGA you-know-who.

Maria said...

Oh, yey! I'm so glad it cheered you up :)

I added a bit more to the post, as it wasn't finished yet, in case you want to check it out.

I think I do 'gotta go', ha! But we'll see what happens.

Lots of love and prayers,
-Maria

Anonymous said...

I know, I know. I gotta accept the inevitable. Hope I spelled that right. Nevertheless, thanks for the beautiful work.

Love you,

FGA you-know-who