1.4.08

About eyes

Everyone knows the saying The eyes are the mirror of the soul. Well, if that's the case, the pic below makes me feel naked, ha! I had put together this huge and dizzying selection of my eyes' expressions for someone once (no, I wasn't trying to let him know that I would 'always be watching', lol!). I found it the other day, and I added a few more expressions.
As I thought about it, it came to me that eyes are more than we think them to be. They take in so much of life and show much more than words could. That topic even sparked a song
called Lovelight that I wrote with Esther WW, inspired by Dad's letter. I've seen so much in people's eyes, I've felt Jesus look through mine into the eyes of someone who needed Him, resulting in a soul won forever and a rush that is indescribable. I've understood hidden things through a penetrating look into someone's eyes. I've been calmed and soothed by one look into my eyes from someone I trust.
Here are a few 'eyes' quotes (if you have any interesting 'eyes' quotes or thoughts, please send them to me!):
These last years have brought many emotions to my eyes: smiles and laughs (yes, eyes do that), tears, thoughtfulness, delight, fear, apprehension, relief, utter joy, desperation and love - among others. In all these things I am thankful that they could always look up into His eyes to regain that unique sparkle that comes with loving Him and knowing He loves me too much to not take care of me no matter what.
Yes, the eyes are a mystery and I'm sure that He will use them in many ways in times to come. Keep using yours for Him and may many hearts be touched by the love from your heart which pours freely through your eyes, or shall I say, His eyes.

No comments: