27.8.07

Love or Infatuation?

I remember reading this when I was younger (it's actually from Raise'm Right), it's about the difference between love and infatuation. I thought us big people could enjoy it as well :) Let me know what you think about it! "Infatuation leaps into bloom. Love usually takes root & grows one day at a time. Infatuation is accompanied by a sense of uncertainty. You are stimulated & thrilled, but not really happy. You are miserable when he is absent. You can't wait until you see him again. "Love begins with a feeling of security. You are warm with a sense of his nearness, even when he is away. Miles do not separate you. You want him near, but near or far, you know he's yours & you can wait. "Infatuation says, 'We must get married right away. I can't risk losing him.' Love says, 'Don't rush into anything.' You are sure of one another. You can plan your future with confidence."

2 comments:

Wild Flower said...

I loved this post. So true...pretty cool!

Mike said...

Very good post! This is basically how I feel about relationships and goes along perfectly with my train of thought. It really pays to go SLOW in a relationship, weather out all the feelings of passion and infatuation and build up a friendship. I guess when you grow older and have gone through a lot of experiences you learn this... sometimes the hard way.

I guess that's why I'm not in a rush for anything and prefer a slower and calmer approach.