11.12.07
Days one and two - HOLLAND!!!
Hello everyone! I'm in Turkey now, enjoying the beautiful historical Istanbul. But first things first, so I'll share a bit of my trip to Holland in this post with some pix (not many, cause my batteries didn
't charge well, but PTL). I don't have any pix of the arrival day, but the trip went very well, I didn't get lost or lose anything (except that I did THINK I lost my camera at one point, thankfully it was on my lap, ha!). As soon as I arrived I was escorted by my aunt to my grandma's for a delicious dutch dinner of steamed broccoli and green beans, boiled Dutch potatoes, salad, meat stew, and cherry/berry juice - a typical farmers meal, I guess. From there my mom, aunt and I headed to see my grandfather at the hospital. He was very sad because the doctors say he can't go home anymore because he is too fragile, but we were able to give him lots of love and encourage him too.
The first pic is of the second day, on our way to see my grandpa again, this time with my grandmother and mom, by cab. Check out the modern windmills by a farm. Notice that the land is completely flat.Next there is an old fashioned one - we didn't get to see it up close because both pix were taken from inside the cab.
On the third pic you'll see my grandparents and mom at the hospital and behind them is the leather ship picture I gave grandpa.
Then there is a pic of me by one of the canals that are EVERYWHERE! The weather is still pleasant (for this time of year) and there has not been any snow yet, there are even some flowers. I missed kids so much, and watching the little rosy-cheeked, bundled up dutchlings that made their way back from school made me want to squish them as only Jaden understands, ha.
Next is one of my mom and I in the little village of Zeewolden when we went to shop for my grandma. We're eating nothing other than the dutch traditional french fries with mayonnaise (don't cringe, ha).
We left for the airport to get our plane to Turkey with a friend at 11:30 PM after seeing my little cousin, uncle and his wife, in the last pic. Stay tuned for the next post - all about Turkey (you DON'T want to miss that ;) )




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment