25.6.07

UNCONDITIONAL

I try to fake it –

my mask can't take it.

I strain to attain –

but I am humain.

For in mortal flesh encased,

I don't want hurt erased.

Will I under pain be bound,

Others’ and mine – in a net wound?

Will I dare take a free present,

His pure love for my sad torment?

Condemnation will be no more,

No need to even up the score.

But, aha! There is a catch!

I must rid myself from past.

By accepting His love pure,

I’m bound by my Savior.

Not with weight of sad remorse,

But only to complete the course.

From Him to me – up to the brim,

And then to others portray Him.

Not looking up before,

"Let us see, how is their score?"

Blind love, love complete,

Never looking for retreat.

Then I feel Him all around me,

A mist of love surrounds me.

I am lifted from my place,

To look deep into his face.

He thrills, swills and refills me so,

That I at last understand and know.

I needn’t search, I needn’t find,

So long as we are both intertwined.

Like mine? Never!

Perfect! Forever!

Beyond error, beyond pain,

Always finding love again.

Not mine, but my Love’s,

Only when I look above.

For within me I have none,

That was not from Him given.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Reminds me a lot of what I was going through last year. I know that without the Lords love for me I wouldn't have made it and be where I am now. Wonderful poem! xoxo ;)

Wild Flower said...

Really nice, Maria.
I'm posting a new poem on mine, let me know what you think.
I love you.
Jesus is soooo wonderful!