23.1.08

BACKTRACKING 3 - Revelations

Have you ever studied the book of Revelations? It might help you to understand my blog, ha! Yes, I've been doing the flash back, flash middle, flash forward thing that is oh so typically Revelations style - but I hope I don't lose you in the meantime, ha!Now we'll go a bit further into the trip, back to Iceland and to the beautiful Blue Lagoon. Imagine ... 2 degrees below zero in the land of fire and ice ... mystical vapor everywhere ... a hot water reservoir bursting from within the earth already mingled with white silica mud and blue algae (each coveted for their cosmetic qualities) thus adding a fluorescent blue hue to this surreal atmosphere . No germs survive these extremes, so there is no need for caution - it's just about the closest thing to paradise. The water is warm, though very hot in certain parts. I choose the area that is about 40-42 degrees. My face automatically receives a natural steam bath and I apply some of the white silica to my face as a mud mask. My skin begins to feel very silky and just plain nice. Volcanic rock formations form a rippling skyline while patches of clear sky and storm (and other) clouds contrast the rocks' apparent steadfastness. The sky is churning - a snow, rain or hail storm fast approaches (here you never know which, but this time it was snow). Yet, here I am, floating in the mineral filled liquid that can just carry your relaxed frame into a still and peaceful state with only the sound of the water gurgles in your ear (wow, now I sound poetic). Talk about a good place for meditating and just listening! - And that's what I did. I named this post 'revelations' for more reasons than one. There I for the first time experienced the spiritual activity so predominant in Iceland. It was a beautiful time with the Lord and a myriad of awesome helpers. I did so as night approached. By the time we left it was evening, but it was a beautiful time of felowship not only with my mom (the photographer - I appreciate you having frozen your toes for me), Sarah I. (thanks for provisioning the tickets! ILY), and Finnur (one of the AMs from Iceland - a real on-fire cool guy), but also with some cool spiritual entities I understood more about later. The Lord is awesome and His nature portrays it so beautifully! Anyone looking for a new field? Iceland needs top disciples and witnessers to reach it's harvest of sheepy and very spiritual people. Could that disciple be you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome pic. Can't help but notice how sexy u look in that milky blue wwater. Kisses!

Anonymous said...

Wow Maria! What a place! In seeing your trip pictures I couldn't stop thinking in how much He was blessing you and I could see so clearly that the reason is because you have been so faithful in your service to Him, and did sacrifice a lot. I will certainly be picturing this hot blue lagoon in my meditations time, and especially my loving times with Jesus. Ha! So sexy and exotic!I loved it! Tks for the great pics.

Wild Flower said...

Nice place. Sounds like it came out of a dream or something. I'm really glad you got to have so many wonderful experiences with Jesus. I'm sad I missed you in Rio,, though. I'll catch you next time, I guess.